Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Can't Nobody

"Can't Nobody, do my Jesus" is an old song that floods my mind with a lot of memories and images.
That song is sung Erma in the dramatic production of Eternity at First Baptist.  I will always think of our good friend Marta who plays the part.  We're on the fourth of five nights.  It's been an awesome experience!   The song "Can't Nobody" was one the songs that the first youth band at First Baptist in Marshalltown called E.T. C. used to sing when we led worship at camps and churches.  Each person in the band would take turns belting out the song.  One person Huston Callaway ended the song with the splits.  My college roommate Sam Ost used to say "I don't know how people make it in life without Jesus".  Sam lost his battle with M.S. a few years ago.  Now he is probably leaping around with the angels, doing the splits and belting out "Can't Nobody, do me like Jesus, cuz He's myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy friend"!  Some day my family will join him in that song. 

2 comments:

  1. You gotta sing that song with the youth group! I don't think I have ever heard it before this week, but after hearing "Erma" sing it, it's awesome!!! :)

    Rick

    ReplyDelete