Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Double Hockey Sticks

When I was young my friends and I would say "H, E, double hockey sticks" to describe that place down below of eternal torment or to say the swear word without really saying it.  Our church (First Baptist in Savoy) is putting on the "Eternity" drama starting this Sat. night.  As the Eternity set was being built the set construction leader Rodger said something like "we wanted to build hell first so we could concentrate on heaven".  So they built the hellpit first before they built the stairs leading to heaven.  They did an awesome job. Sunday morning I led the worship band on top of the hellpit.  Beforehand I thought someone could really freak me out by opening the doors by feet and grabbing my ankles.  That would have freaked me out!  On a more serious note I also thought wow what if we all lived our lives in a way that affected people going to heaven more than it had to do with things that ultimately don't do good, tears people down or leads them on a path to hell?  Many lives would be different forever and ever....and ....ever!  "Eternity" auditions start tonight.  I can't wait to see what happens!  I think God is on the move to touch people's lives forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment